Kilimanajro Day Pack
What do I carry in my Day Pack ?
Our porters will run ahead with your main luggage to the camp. For that reason it is very important to choose your day pack with care. Our recommendation is to use a 25 l day pack which is more than sufficient if packed correctly. Our guides will also give you day by day advice on what to pack depending on altitude, weather etc. Take a look at the list to give you an idea of what is carried in general.
- Water bottles (2 litres minimum) – Wide mouth bottles are ideal since their opening is less likely freeze. Camel bags are great but they may freeze on the summit night.
- Headlamp – You will need a headlamp for the climb on the summit-night and in the evenings. Make sure you have enough batteries with you
- Packed lunch (if no hot lunch camp is served in the camp)
- Snacks - i.e. chocolate bars and/or energy drinks
- Personal medical kit
- Sun protection (glasses, hat and crème)
- Toilet paper
- Wet wipes (for cleaning your face and hands)
- MP3 player or Ipod (for the long walk to the summit it is nice to listen to music)
- Mobile phone / tablet (to post your summit success to your friends)